The Ontario Hazelnut Association (“OHA”) is looking for an eager and enthusiastic summer student that will provide critical support to the development of the hazelnut industry in Ontario. The Summer Marketing student role will work remotely for the most part, with good working internet being a necessity. There will be occasion where you may have to travel to various farms, so access to vehicle and a valid driver’s licence is also needed.
The OHA is helping to spearhead the development of a hazelnut industry in Ontario by working with researchers, government, producers, and processors across the province. The student will be directly involved in the efforts.
The Summer marketing student will be responsible for:
- Creating and sending out newsletters and emails to membership
- Updating website, blog posts, and social media
- Organizing documents
- Designing creative content
- Other administrative and communications duties as assigned
Experience & Skills Required
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Pay attention to detail and demonstrate thoroughness in their work
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other programs such as Canva
- Is a self starter and able to work from home
We believe that the Summer Marketing role would be an ideal fit for a number of academic fields. Students from business or marketing studies background might find the first-hand experience in the development of an emerging agro-industry extremely worth-while. We are attempting to develop a new production sector in Ontario agriculture, which would be of interest to business and economics students.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging role please forward your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Marketing Student” in the subject line.