The Ontario Hazelnut Association is seeking a responsible Administrative Coordinator to perform a variety of administrative and bookkeeping tasks. Duties of the Administrative Coordinator include providing support to our Board of Directors and assisting in the operations and activities of the association. The Administrative Coordinator will work independently and as a team member to perform a wide variety of administrative tasks that will contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the Association. https://www.ontariohazelnuts.com/. This position is an 8-month contract funded through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Youth Employment Skills Program. You must be 30 years of age or younger.
● Answer and direct email and phone calls, and liaise with the Board of Directors to handle requests and queries
● Act as the point of contact for contract/summer staff and external clients
● Work with the Board of Directors to organize and attend meetings of the Board of Directors and as required, association committees.
● Assist with preparation of agendas, taking minutes and following up with action items
● Communication with the association members and industry through website updates, newsletters, blogs, social media and webinars
● Organize education and training workshop to build awareness of the industry and train growers and potential growers
● Organize association events including logistics, registration, and program development
● Attend industry shows as a representative of the association
● Maintain and update the association website
● Work with project manager to organize and maintain an appropriate online filing system
● Manage bookkeeping functions in QuickBooks system including:
o Preparing and processing payments
o Preparing and processing bills and invoices for payment
o Manage the accounts receivable files
● Preparation and support for the annual meeting and annual symposium
● Experience in association administration, virtual assistant or office administration assistant
● Experience in bookkeeping
● Experience in website management and social media
● Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
● Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc)
● Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
● Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● College diploma or higher certification; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant will be an asset
Hours of Work and Home Office:
● This position requires the Administrative Coordinator to work from a home office including a computer, internet, and printer.
● Reasonable compensation will be paid for the use of this home office.
● Occasional travel and overnight stays for work may be required.
● Travel, meals, and discretionary purchases will be reimbursed upon prior approval.
● The position is based on an average of 30 hours per week, with flexibility from week to week depending on the workload. Some evening and weekend work will be required occasionally and with prior notice.
This position will have a starting pay of $20hour. Pay review after 3 months.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 12 noon on June 29, 2020 to:
Ontario Hazelnut Association
For further information, contact: email@example.com